Here are a few quick tips on adding some extra nutritional value to your life.
* Serve fresh fruit with pancakes instead of syrup.
* Add whole-wheat oatmeal to your pancake batter, and top with apple sauce (the unsweetened kind, or better from your homemade batch)
* Use whole-wheat tortilla chips with salsa as a snack, or switch to a soy chip, or rice cakes as a substitution for regular chips
* have a bowl of whole-grain cereal as a snack
* always eat whole grain bread, better yet, get a bread machine and make your own, maybe add nuts to your batter, ban the white stuff!
* add carrot puree to your spaghetti sauce, or meat loaf
* use canned pumpkin in cakes instead of the suggested fat (oil or butter)
Use this post as an inspiration to look closer to where you can add or substitute an ingredient. Experiment with your food, try out new things, look for labels that indicate a more health conscious choice. Try them out! Step out there and be adventures. Food is fun! Experimenting is fun! Trying new things is fun!
Have a wonderful day
Motivational Coach, Fundraiser
If you like this blog, subscribe!