Eating healthy, and thinking well with and about food, has allot to do with thinking well of yourself. Raising your Self-Esteem, and being able to trust yourself - through your inner voice, as well as through your feeling of self-worth - aids you in living a healthy lifestyle, that includes all aspects of you - mind, body, soul.
Here are some techniques for raising your self-worth:
1. Tell yourself the sentence: "(your name), I like you." Practice this in front of the mirror, at least 10 times a day. Do not forget to smile at yourself.
2. In the evening, record things that went well that day for you. Congratulate yourself for any achievements you have made (include being on time, or being kind to someone into this list)
3. If you feel easily overwhelmed, make a note of one thing you want to work on in your life.
For example: " I am going to look directly at people."
4. Write and read affirmations, that are directed toward the issue you are working on.
Related to the above issue, the affirmations I would suggest are:
"I am confident."
"I know my value."
"I approach people with confidence."
5. Begin a list today, that contains all the things that are great about you. Anything, write them down. If you have a problem starting, ask someone who loves you, without criticizing or downplaying what they have to say. Just record what they said.
Have a wonderful day!
Motivational Coach, Fundraiser