Loving and accepting yourself as you are might seem like a hard task, considering that we have trained ourselves to look at our own image with the notion of what is wrong, and what can and should be fixed.
But in order to become who we want to be, we need to allow ourselves to be who we are now, and accept all there is now.
Here are a few tips to work on self-acceptance:
- List all your accomplishments. Go ahead, list anything you can think off- that includes what might seem small to you, such as being a good cook, or being punctual.
- Read the list you created daily.
- Look at yourself in the mirror - if you are brave, try the naked version - and look for five things you like about yourself right now. If you have a problem with this task, start with one thing, and increase it by one each day, until you get up to five.
- Do something today, that you enjoy. Make an appointment with yourself, keeping it, just as you would any other important appointment, and take this time seriously. Repeat this exercise daily.
- Avoid people who complain, belittle or discuss negativity. In order to feel positive about yourself, you have to emerge yourself into positive. People with a chronic negative attitude can be draining.
- Affirm your worth! Use affirmations on a daily basis. Repeat them often, as a part of your routine, at least 5 times a day, and in addition when you are experiencing negative thoughts.
Try these exercises on a regular scheduled basis.
Have a wonderful day
Your Motivational Life Coach
For an intial, free Life Coaching Session call me at 813 - 531 - 8379 or contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org