Earth Day is everywhere, and activities are buzzing abound - but what to do, when you have nothing planned, but still want to participate in some form? Here are some quick last minute ideas:
1. Turn off all your electricity for 5 Minutes. Unplug everything, the AC, the TV, radio, all of it. Enjoy the silence.
2. Spend time outdoors. Even if you only have time to move your morning coffee to the porch, make the commitment to connect to Mother Earth in some form, by spending some time in it.
3. Send everyone an electronic Earth Day card.
4. Take this day as an opportunity to switch all of your bills to online bill-pay
5. Buy two reusable bags, one for yourself, and one for a friend or family member.
6. Make a Earth Day 2009 sign for your front door with your kids.
7. Talk to your kids about small actions having a large impact, then model them.
8. Eat a vegetarian meal today.
9. Spread the word on your blogs, twitter, YouTube or any social network you are connected to.
10. Share this list, or your own ideas with friends and family members and encourage each other.
May this Earth Day be a blessed one for you and your family.